He just said though that he was gonna take some time off from coaching...
I know for a fact that he is building a home in Norton so I'm sure he will end up the coach. Plus, Doug doesn't have his teaching liscensure right?...someright please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking because of that fact Doug will NOT be the next coach...I talked to someone who said the reason he had moved over here was to take over the basketball position next year. Could be wrong though (you know how rumors are in Wise Co.)
He just said though that he was gonna take some time off from coaching...
It could be a front though concerning the administration, school board, etc. I have some inside sources that have told me otherwise (this time off will be for him to work on his degree, but also in a year's time get prepared for him to take over the program as Wilson steps away). This is as of now though so something may change between now and then.
This has been a rumor for the last 6 months or so. Good job by JIB imo.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He just said though that he was gonna take some time off from coaching... </div></div>
Well, taking a year off while Wilson coaches his last one would be some time off, correct?
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
Well yall have said a couple years, i wouldnt think theyd give the job to coach campbell for a year and then give it to someone else...i expect there wouldnt be a lot of ppl happy about that
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Good job by JIB imo. </div></div>
It's a grand slam
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
excatly, nothing against wilson yes he is a good coach or campbell he was a good player but again the age factor and the non experience factor comes into play
its not like theyre letting coach wilson go, he's retiring after 40 yrs if hes stays another year...and i played under campbell in jv..he knows what he's doing
Heard from a reliable source that Doug did get his degree to coach, but norton has hired a new superintendent and he hired the coach from castlewood for next year. The two are close friend from what I heard.
Bookmarks